Friday, January 22, 2010

Week 3


Friday, January 15, 2010

Sleep eluded me yet again,

leaving me to walk around in my fog filled bubble.


Saturday, January 16, 2010

Growing up, family game night was

Monopoly or Operation.

Twister if we had company.

For my boys, Rockband! (Beatles version, of course.)


Sunday, January 17, 2010

Death is like a wisp of smoke that seeps under the door,

smoothly wrapping itself around your ankle and

wrenching you to the ground.


Monday, January 18, 2010

We heard the sound of the diesel engine

long before we could see it.

It was a mad dash to the window, kids and adults alike.

Smiles on our faces, hands in the air as the world’s

friendliest garbage man stops in front of our house.

Now the day can begin.


Tuesday, January 19, 2010

“It’s okay, brother. You can hold my hand if you want.”

The world could use a little more brotherly love.



Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ahh, the sun, long hidden—showing it’s face,

making people do strange things.

I went for a run . . . damn.


Thursday, January 21, 2010

In a moment of self-reflection,

I realize my “Florence Nightingale” skills max out

after twenty-four hours,

just as “suck-it-up” mode kicks in.

1 comment:

  1. Cracking up at the run and the "suck-it-up" mode. I'm right there with you. Well, not the run. You are much more ambitious than I. I just thought about it.

    ReplyDelete