Friday, January 15, 2010

Week 2

Friday, January 8, 2010

The hands on my clock have entered some strange time-warp,

quickly counting down the time I have left to be productive.


Saturday, January 9, 2010

We squeeze together in my chair,

the morning silence wrapped around us.

He with his sippy cup, me with my coffee, watching Elmo. Bliss.


Sunday, January 10, 2010

The older I get, the more depressing the mall becomes.


Monday, January 11, 2010

He can’t possibly be turning thirty-five today—

the brother who is always five years younger.

That would mean . . .


Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A valuable lesson: When filled with nervous energy,

it is not good to drink three cups of coffee.


Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I watched the UPS man scurry away from our front door,

as the ferocious beast on the other side did his thing.

His bark really is worse then his bite. Sometimes.



Thursday, January 14, 2010

How have I been so lucky,

to be blessed with so many dear friends?

3 comments:

  1. Courtney, I just love this. It has been fun to read these past two weeks of your blog - I can't wait to hear what comes next. You write well - that's one thing I wish I had the talent for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are the lucky ones Courtney....the friends on the other side!

    ReplyDelete