Friday, February 12, 2010

Week 6

Friday, February 5, 2010

I am curious to see what the future holds

for a two year old who loves to run around the house

half-naked with his hands in the air yelling,

“Party time. Party time.”


Saturday, February 6, 2010

A sign of things to come.


Sunday, February 7, 2010

I inhale and gently blow the dust off the guitar.

I strum my first chord with the band and smile.


Monday, February 8, 2010

I’ve never had so much homework

with deadlines since college.

But unlike college, I’m loving it!


Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I sit in my chair, basking in the blinding sun

coming in the front window.

I squint to look out and quickly close my eyes again,

trying to ignore just how dirty my windows are.


Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tossing the first batch in the garbage,

I bake a second batch of heart sugar cookies

to take to Grandma’s house. Why do I torture myself?


Thursday, February 11, 2010

With barely contained excitement,

we place a Valentine in each student’s box,

a grin spread ear to ear on Rylan’s face.

Oh, to be four again.

No comments:

Post a Comment